Introduction:

Stress. It's unavoidable, especially in the life of a college sophomore. Hello and welcome to my term project. My name is Kelsey and I'm on a mission to DE-STRESS my life. I am a physical therapy major at Loyola Marymount University and was recently assigned a project in which creativity was the only requirement. The purpose of this blog is for me to relieve a little stress in my life through running, and to learn about the physiological mechanisms involved in these processes along the way.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I CAN.

Greetings,

I've been feeling pretty overwhelmed lately with all the school work and work work I have ahead of me. I've just finished writing my history paper and was looking for some motivation to continue onto the next one, when I came across a site called "I feel unmotivated." Jackpot. It provided me everything I need to continue working hard, not only in class but also in training! Here are some of my favorites:

Hercules - I Can Go the Distance!

Will Smith - Running & Reading (The Key To Life)

Billy Mills - 1964 Olympics Upset; 10,000 meters 

 Now here's the one the got me. This next video was absolutely heartbreaking to watch....the FIRST TIME. Yes, I've actually already seen it before, which is why it's pretty humiliating to admit I completely bawled my eyes out while watching today. I think the reason it caught me so off guard was because I knew what it felt like to be in that marathon setting. I feel so much inspiration from this father and son and most importantly, so much love. This is one of the best videos I think I have seen in my life, something that is extremely worthwhile in sharing. Crap. I just watched it again and couldn't help crying.....Excuse me while I grab myself a tissue! (Mom, you might as well go grab the box).


Team Hoyt - I CAN
 
I hope these provided you all with some motivation to get out there and pursue whatever it is that makes you happy. YOU CAN.

Cheers,

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment