Introduction:

Stress. It's unavoidable, especially in the life of a college sophomore. Hello and welcome to my term project. My name is Kelsey and I'm on a mission to DE-STRESS my life. I am a physical therapy major at Loyola Marymount University and was recently assigned a project in which creativity was the only requirement. The purpose of this blog is for me to relieve a little stress in my life through running, and to learn about the physiological mechanisms involved in these processes along the way.

Friday, February 11, 2011

This project is stressing me out.

Hello! I'm knew at this, so bear with me.

As you may have figured out already, this is my very first blog post. As I mentioned briefly before, my name is Kelsey and I'm a sophomore, physical therapy major at Loyola Marymount University. I'm interested in stress, and all the mechanisms that are involved with it. I'm also interested in fitness, and figuring out ultimately if running (something I've dreaded my entire life) will actually lead to a healthier, more stress-free life. My goal is to try to run every day, and I'm going to try my hardest to stick to that goal. Along the way, I'm going to be researching and telling you all how running actually affects the body and how it helps keep stress at bay.

Considering my group and I (Kate Jones and Jackie Uribe!!) have been working since 3 today, I'm going to call it a night.

Till next time,

Kelsey

P.S. Running commences....tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Oh it's treating me. Actually made it to the gym today though, felt pretty damn good. Relieved MUCH stress that I've been feeling lately...it was a success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work into the late hours. I'm very proud so far. Please keep going.

    ReplyDelete