Introduction:

Stress. It's unavoidable, especially in the life of a college sophomore. Hello and welcome to my term project. My name is Kelsey and I'm on a mission to DE-STRESS my life. I am a physical therapy major at Loyola Marymount University and was recently assigned a project in which creativity was the only requirement. The purpose of this blog is for me to relieve a little stress in my life through running, and to learn about the physiological mechanisms involved in these processes along the way.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Location, Location, Location!

Back again, so soon! I know I'm shocked too....

So since YESTERDAY, I have kept my promise! I ran 4 miles today and it was magical, mainly because I ran on the bluff trail at LMU. Usually I run on the treadmill, so this was quite a change, yet I'm so glad I did it. I've never ran on the bluff before, and it was actually such a stress-relieving experience. Simply being outside, soaking up the sunshine and taking in all my surroundings was really cleansing. I felt like I truly was running away from my problems.

If you have the opportunity, I would suggest running on the Bluff trail at LMU. If you don't live in the area, I would suggest trying to run outside should the weather permit. It is such a different experience than running inside on a treadmill. You may even find that you're able to go farther/run faster simply because of all the stimuli. (Yes, I just said stimuli). Okay, well that's my advice for the day.

Hope ya'll are staying stress free with me!

Cheers,

Kels

2 comments:

  1. I've been on the bluff before a number of times and it's really an amazing experience to convey how wonderful this areas is to live in. How lucky we are!

    Is TM running different than the real thing? Take a look a the BB site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. What is the BB site? lol

    ReplyDelete